Sunday, June 17, 2012

What Are We Celebrating Today - Sun, June 17, 2012?

First I'd like to wish all the men out there a very Happy Father's Day!! I will be calling my father later today. I already texted both my brothers. Many countries actually celebrate this holiday on the third Sunday in June.
So, we are celebrating....
1). Work at Home Father's Day: Today we celebrate those fathers that work from home or are stay at home dads. That number is getting bigger every year, as dads decide to spend more time at home. This is rare that both this holiday and Father's Day fall on the same day. This is also called Husband Caregiver day
2). Eat Your Veggies Day: Yes, this is almost in the middle of fruit and veggies month. This holiday is the perfect opportunity to re-introduce a healthy portion of vegetables into your diet. Now I don't mind some veggies, while there are one or two I just can't stand....and a few I'm allergic to.
3). Stewart's Root Beer Day: I like this one! Stewart's Root Beer was introduced way back in 1924 at a humble drink stand. Today, it's a national brand with a cult following that's been enjoying new and original flavors for over 75 years. I think it only comes in the brown bottles (and as a fountain drink), so it makes the kids feel so grown up. Personally, I grew up with A&W.
Well, I'm going to try and get at least a little sleep. This no sleeping thing is going to kill me.


No comments:

Post a Comment