Sunday, June 17, 2012

Getting Ready for a McCormick Grill Mates Party....

I was lucky enough to have been chosen as a McCormick Grill Mates Grill Ambassador through the Crowdtap site. A variety of McCormick Grill Mates Products was sent to me to use. Since a friend's son was graduating high school, we decided this would be a great time to have a party (especially after our original grill out party was cancelled due to excessive rain).
The first thing we tried out was the McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning on steaks. These were Chuck eyes, as the steaks taste and act a lot like rib eyes but for much less. The other side of the steak had a lot more seasoning on it.
http://media-files.gather.com/images/d806/d387/d747/d224/d96/f3/full.jpg
Now I used the McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak seasoning on some hamburgers and the Molasses Bacon seasoning on others.
http://media-files.gather.com/images/d805/d387/d747/d224/d96/f3/full.jpg
These Molasses Bacon burgers were quite good. My husband and the other guys like the Montreal Spicy Steak Season on their burgers better though....but I think it's just a guy thing. My neighbor Dawn is sold on the Montreal Steak Seasoning, since it's so versatile.
I also did make a slab of ribs with the Memphis Pit BBQ Rub. That was a little messy, as I rubbed the dry mix into the ribs with my hands...ohhhh, orange hands. The ribs must have been very good, as I only got 1 bite....yes, not even a full rib....just one stinkin' bite. The Brown Sugar Bourbon BBQ Sauce was available for dipping the ribs. Oh, the BBQ sauce is good, as it has such a nice sweet smoky flavor.
Mary finally made the decision to have BBQ Pork, since we weren't sure how many of the people invited to JB's graduation party would show up. BBQ pork can be made ahead of time in a larger quantity, and she was also worried about rain. The Brown Sugar Bourbon BBQ Sauce makes a great sauce for both the BBQ pork and to put in the baked beans.
The actual party was last weekend....and hopefully I'll get a chance to post some photos. The food was great and the cake was gorgeous.
Thank you Crowdtap and McCormick!

No comments:

Post a Comment