Saturday, June 2, 2012

What are we Celebrating today -- 6/2/2012?

Angela and I were gone most of the day, as we went to see the premier of Madagascar 3 in 3D at the Mall of Georgia. I didn't realize that mall was so far away. It took us over an hour to get there.
Okay, so today we are celebrating....
1). National Bubba Day: This holiday honors anyone named or called Bubba. To qualify to be honored today, your name can be formally, or informally "Bubba", and actually, you can even take on the name "Bubba" for just the day. That way everyone can celebrate this day. Right, Bubba?
2). Yell "Fudge" At Cobras in North America Day: Huh? Now according to to what I found on the web: "In order to keep poisonous cobra snakes out of North America, all citizens are asked to go outdoors at noon local time and yell “fudge!” Fudge makes cobras gag, and the mere mention of it makes them skeedaddle."  Um, no....I don't get it. It sounds like an Indiana Jones thing to me, but I could be wrong.

3). Leave the Office Early Day: Yes, today is the day to sneak out a few minutes early and enjoy the day. This holiday encourages you to take some time out from the desk to realize that rest, relaxation and getting away can actually improve morale, attitude and productivity. Too bad this one falls on a Saturday this year.
4). Chimborazo Day: Do you know which mountain pokes out furthest into space? No, it’s not Mount Everest, but it's Mount Chimborazo in Ecuador. It has to do with local and not height of the mountain, exactly. I can explain it if you want...but most of you probably don't care. This is the day to celebrate that mountain though.
I hope all of you are having a great day. The next 4 days are going to be so busy here, so I won't be around much.

No comments:

Post a Comment