Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday 3 19-2012

It's been a long, sad weekend and I hate to say it, but I'm glad Monday is here. Unfortunately, the pollen count here in Georgia is well over 3000 last I looked...and 100 is considered high. Ick. I am having all sorts of allergy issues.
1). National Quilting Day: This holiday celebrates fabulous quilts and those who make them. My mother is a quilter.... The National Quilting Association started National Quilting Day in 1991. Their members passed a resolution at the 22nd Annual Show in Lincoln, Nebraska, on June 1991.
2). Poultry Day: Guess this holiday is for the birds! Sorry, I just had to say it. LOL. This holiday celebrates chicken, turkey and other birds we commonly consume. Chicken and turkey are lower in fats, and cholesterol than other meats, making it better for your health, and they also give you your breakfast eggs. So, have some turkey or chicken for lunch or dinner.
3). National Corndog Day: http://www.corndogday.com Yes, this holiday actually has its own website. You can enjoy your corndog and watch basketball all day. For those of you that don't know what a is, you're missing out. It's a hot dog coated in cornmeal batter and deep fried in oil, although some are baked, and almost all corn dogs are served on wooden sticks. My kids loved having them as a special dinner treat.
4). National Chocolate Carmel Day: Yum! Now this is my kind of holiday. It's a day to celebrate everything great about chocolate and caramel. So have yourself a Milky Way today.
5). Operation Iraqi Freedom Day: Back on this date in 2003, President Bush came on live TV to anounce that Operation Iraqi Freedom had begun. Please just remember all our brave men and women that are serving in the military.
Maybe I'll fix corndogs for dinner....and I'm definitely going to get me a Milky Way. Chocolate fixes a lot of things. LOL Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment