Wednesday, May 2, 2012

What Are We Celebrating Today...5/2/12?

1). Baby Day: This holiday celebrates babies!!! I would assume it means human babies, but I don't know why you couldn't celebrate all babies. Baby animals are adorable.... There is a movie called Baby Day, and it aired in 1913. It was a black and white silent movie...and I've never seen it.
2). Great American Grump Out: If you missed the 10th annual Grump Out on May 4, 2011 the good news is that you can continue to grump or do your grouchy thing. BUT, on May 2, 2012 you'll be asked once again to knock it off with your grouchy thing and put a lid on it --- just for 24 hours. (It's not for a lifetime, just a mere 24 hours. If you get your 8 hours of sleep, that means you only have to go for 16 hours.) After that you can go back to your old self again. Apparently, this one is NOT for me. LOL
3). Brothers and Sisters Day: This holiday is a day to cherish your siblings. Sure, there's times when you love your brothers and sisters, but there's also times when you want to disown them. I will admit that I put a price tag on my baby brother during a yard sale....no one bought him though (sigh). I guess this is called brothers and sisters day, since we already have a siblings day....
4). National Play Your Ukulele Day: Ohhh, this sounds like fun....and no clue who came up with this holiday. Ukuleles always remind me of Hawaii, though I've never been to Hawaii. So, go out and play your ukulele today....or find someone that will play for you.
5). Robert's Rule of Order Day: This holiday honors a book containing rules of order intended to be adopted as a parliamentary authority for use by a deliberative assembly written by Brig. Gen. Henry Martyn Robert in 1876. Huh, you wonder.....well, basically these are the rules we follow during any kind of meeting.

Hmm...maybe I will give one of my brothers a call....nah, it's kinda' late there. I'm sure both of them are in bed already. Hope you have a great Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment