Thursday, May 17, 2012

What Are We Celebrating Today ---5/17/2012?

Oh, I itch tonight, and I don't even know why. I must have eaten something I'm allergic to, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what it is. I've looked over everything I had for dinner.
So, today we are celebrating.....
1). Flower Moon: A Native American celebration of the full moon in May. It’s name references the blooming of springtime flowers in May. When you go out tonight to celebrate the full moon, be ware of werewolves.....LOL...and yes, I know tonight isn't a full moom.
2). Pack Rat Day: Yes, finally a day for me!!I'm a pack rat and I come from a long line of pack rats...LOL My biggest vice is books....I love books, as I love to read. I do try to give some away, but boy it's difficult sometimes. Apparently, a lot of us are pack rats to a certain extent....so celebrate it today!
3). World Hypertension Day: Every year, 17th May is dedicated to World Hypertension Day (WHD). This is an initiative of the World Hypertension League (WHL) to promote public awareness of hypertension worldwide. If you'd like to know more: http://www.ish-world.com/default.aspx?Home
4). World Information Day: This use to be called World Telecommunications Day....The main objective of the day is to raise global awareness of societal changes brought about by the Internet and new technologies. Oh yes....new technology...it changes daily it seems.
I hope all of you had a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment