Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I Am An Addict....

I guess the first step is admitting you have a problem. Well, I'm an addict. I've been an addict for years and years. I don't think most people know of my addiction, apart from Connie C. and my family.....maybe a few other people suspect.
Well, I'm 'volunteering' again next week and the week after, so I can feed my addiction. You see, if I 'volunteer' I earn $10 credit an hour, and boy can I use that credit. I had an $85 voucher last week, and with coupons and discounts, I ended up with about $200 worth of merchandise. It was great! I had Angela with me for the shopping. She only bought a couple of items, which really surprised me. They didn't have the few items she was looking for though.
The credit I earn this week is mostly going for gifts. Having 10 nieces and nephews means lots of birthdays and lots of Christmas presents. I also want to pick up some special items for my soccer kids. Though, I think there are a few items I would like.
Ah, I guess if I have to have an addiction, this is the one to have. I'm really not hurting anyone. My husband would beg to differ I bet...he HATES my addiction. But, he just doesn't understand. My kids get it. They are almost as addicted as I am. And I do come by this addiction honestly, as my mother started it and fed it throughout my childhood.
Ah, I feel so much better getting this off my chest. Being a reading and book addict is hard....thank goodness many of you will understand. I bet even one or two of you are addicts yourself. I'm sure Connie C is too.... Thank goodness Scholastic books needs me to help out a few days. It not only gives me book credit, but a change to look over all of the books. I have a box with my name on it that I am slowly filling with books I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment