Thursday, March 14, 2013

Review: Johnsonville Chicken Sausage

As a BzzAgent, I am given the opportunity to try different items and give my honest review. One of my campaigns is the new Johnsonville Chicken Sausages. My family has now tried a couple of the different varieties available.

Johnsonville Chicken Sausage
  • Available in four perfectly seasoned flavors: Apple, Chipotle Monterey Jack Cheese, Three Cheese Italian Style and Cajun Style
  • Fully cooked for quick prep on your grill, stovetop or in the microwave
  • Contains no trans fats and no added MSG
  • Sold for a suggested price of $4.59 at the Kroger family of stores

  • About the 4 flavors of the Johnsonville Chicken Sausage (from the bzzagent website):

    Apple Chicken Sausage
    Premium cuts of chicken combined with real, sweet apples make this a flavorful sausage everyone loves.

    Chipotle Monterey Jack Cheese Chicken Sausage

    Smoky chipotle peppers and creamy Monterey Jack Cheese paired with naturally lean chicken make for a delicious sausage with just the right amount of sizzle!

    Three Cheese Italian Style Chicken Sausage

    A trio of Mozzarella, Romano and Parmesan cheeses is paired with Johnsonville’s signature blend of Italian herbs and spices and – what else? – premium cuts of chicken.

    New! Cajun Style Chicken Sausage

    Johnsonville’s Cajun Style Chicken Sausage brings together the famous, spicy flavor of the South with 50% less fat, thanks to fresh cuts of lean chicken.


    Well, let me tell you about the Three Cheese Italian Style Sausage. First of all, I'm not big on chicken or chicken products so I was very curious about these. They come in a 4 pack and look like sausages...they do not look like what I think of as chicken sausage. Originally I bought these to try out a recipe, but Christopher and I were hungry. We decided to grill them and eat them like we could any other Italian Sausage. Christopher had his 2 on buns but didn't add anything to them, not even ketchup. Since I have to be gluten free, I just had mine on a plate. I did put some ketchup on the plate to dip the pieces in.

    Surprise, surprise the Johnsonville Chicken Sausage were REALLY good. They didn't taste like chicken but Italian sausage. Wow! Christopher and I were both impressed. I loved having the cheese in them, because I just love cheese. These didn't even need ketchup! I ended up eating 2 of them...and PLAIN.

    I would definitely buy the Johnsonville Chicken Sausage again, but I'd need a coupon and/or have them on sale. They are expensive at about $4.59 for 4 Sausages. I would need 2 packs to feed my family, as 1 sausage was just not enough, even with sides.

    I'd really like to try the Johnsonville Apple Chicken Sausage, as it sounds interesting. I haven't found them in my stores yet, but Publix did say they'd be getting them in soon.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment