Thursday, March 21, 2013

Book Review: Twisted Wolf

As part of the Christian Women's Afflilate, I have the opportunity to read and review books. The book I just finished is Twisted Wolf by Perry Perrett.
Summary: Heroism. Not planned. Presidency. Comes with a high cost. Pride. Slowly rises. Temptation. Hard to resist.
Is there a way out?

What if the most upright person stumbles? Oh, and that person is the president of the United States? And in the process of attempting to conceal his mistake, he is accused of treason and murder?

Army Lieutenant Josh Davis suffers a devastating tragedy while home on military leave. Trusting God for strength, he triumphs, earning the Congressional Medal of Honor. But heroism comes with consequences.

Years later, a conservative group asks Josh to run for the presidency. To his surprise, to get there, he must campaign against his father-in-law, a former one-term president. Their political and personal embattlement ends with a surprising twist of fate.

Discover what happens when Josh finds himself in the highest office in the nation. Early success leads him to seek Middle East peace. His pride increases, devours his faith, and he gives in to temptation. Observe as he attempts to cover up his sin. Witness his wife as she watches her husband’s downward spiral and potential guilt. Walk with Josh as he struggles with his own inner conflict of trusting God. Is it too late to save his marriage and his presidency? Ascertain his guilt during his impeachment for treason and the murder of six Navy SEALs. Experience the twists and turns of a life seemingly out of control.


I really wanted to love this book, as it was right up my alley. The first part of the book reminded me a bit of the Tom Clancy books about Jack Ryan (Hunt for Red October, Red Rabbit, etc), and I really enjoyed it. However, I never got "into" the book. I always felt like an outsider looking in. It's not that it's a bad thing, but I don't care for that writing style.

I consider the second part of the book after Josh Davis retires from the military. I don't want to give anything away, but I had a difficult time reading about Davis's downward spiral. Some of it didn't seem realistic, and I felt his wife would do more. I know I would have in that situation. Being removed from the story didn't help either. I was also left with some questions that I wanted answered....but perhaps a sequel is in the works.

I believe this is Perry Perrett's first novel, and it's not bad. I would give it 4 stars, as the storyline is good, but the writing style isn't for me.

CWA Review CrewThe views are all my own, though I did recieve a free copy of Twisted Wolf to read and review.

No comments:

Post a Comment