Thursday, February 23, 2012

What Are We Celebrating Today -- Friday, Feb 24, 2012?

TGIF. It sure has been a long week here, and it's not over yet. I dread the drive to Nashville tomorrow.

First, it's National Chili Day. If you are a chili lover, today is the perfect day to put a pot on the stove and enjoy one of America’s well loved foods. Great timing too, as nothing cures the winter chills better than a steaming hot bowl of chili with a side of crackers. Christopher makes an awesome chili, and I am missing his cooking.
Hmm, it's also National Tortilla Chip Day, so I guess these should be served with the chili. The Tortilla chip is made from corn tortillas which are cut into wedge shapes, then baked or fried. Tortilla chips are made from very simple ingredients: corn, salt, water and vegetable oil....and they are so yummy. So grab some chips and a bowl of salsa and enjoy.
Another holiday being celebrated today is Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day. This one is perfect for my SIL, as she is an engineer. This day is celebrated all over college campuses, where engineering students bring in younger girls to introduce them to all types of engineering.
And lastly, it's National Personal Chef's Day. It's a day to honor the hardworking, creative personal chefs. Sometimes I wish I had one....but I don't even know any....and I certainly couldn't afford one.....though I do feel like one to my family sometimes. LOL. So, if you are a personal chef, this is your day.
I think I'm going to at least enjoy some tortilla chips (and cheese) today.....and maybe a bowl of chili. I hope ya'all do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment