Friday, December 17, 2010

Book Review: The Adventures of Quinn Higgins Boy Detective: The Case of Bigfoot on the Loose

I was sent the children's book The Adventures of Quinn Higgins Boy Detective: The Case of Bigfoot on the Loose by Douglas Quinn to read and review. This is actually the second book in the Quinn Higgins series.

FROM THE BACK OF THE BOOK:
When Quinn travels to visit his father in Oregon, he discovers that the bear who has been raiding the log cabin's trash bins may not be a bear at all. What kind of bear runs away on two feet? And are all bears that big? Quinn Higgins and his friend, Charlotte "Little Dove" Evans, pair up to solve the mystery. Have they discovered the secret of the mysterious creature known as Bigfoot? Not to worry. Quinn Higgins, Boy Detective, is on The Case of Bigfoot on the Loose.
 
I don't want to give anything away about the book, but Mr. Quinn has done his homework on the Bigfoot legend. Quinn Higgins is a typical curious boy that is just itching for adventure....and I thought this would be perfect for my 10 year old nephew Everett. Everett is NOT a reader, and he struggles with school work. While I was down in Florida, I presented The Adventures of Quinn Higgins: The Case of Bigfoot of the Loose to Everett. He wasn't exactly thrilled, but after I read him the back, Everett was interested. (And very excited when I pointed out the author's signiture).

Well, Everett had some free reading at school, so he began to read The Case of Bigfoot on the Loose. He came home from school and was just raving about the book. I couldn't believe it.....a book that captured Everett's attention and imagination. He was loving the book. Everett was almost finished with the book when he suddenly left it at school. Hmm....now why would he do that????? Oh, I found he liked the book enough that he didn't want me taking it home with me. LOL.

I guess I'm going to have to buy Everett the first book in the series....

This is a wonderful book for both boys and girls in the 7-10 age range. I give it 5 stars.

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous book Jax. My oldest brother started the Big Foot hunt at our house this summer, and my kids are now obsessed with Big Foot:)

    I hope you will link up your review to the Book Lovers' blog hop tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete