Tuesday, February 12, 2013

What Are We Celelbrating Today....

Dance rehearsal took HOURS...and I took hundreds of photos, over 600 I think. I haven't even looked at them to see if they turned out alright. It's always difficult taking photos on a stage without a flash and down below the stage. For the most part, the kids looked great. Angela still has costume issues...most of them are too big and need to be altered. Her musical theater costume is a mess....was WAY too big, now the sleeves are too tight. I'd say something about the person making the costume, but I'll be nice. It's very frustrating though.
Oh, Pher got buzzed yesterday too. It's about time all that thick hair was taken off...and the hairdresser complained the whole time. She thought it was such a shame that he was getting rid of all that hair. She liked the curls (as does the doctor).
So...what are we celebrating today....
1). Get A Different Name Day: I don't care for my first name at all, so I'm jumping on the bandwagon....no more "Mom (or Janet), I need....." and no more "Mom (or Janet), where is the....." I'm changing my name.....LOL. So, if you want to change your name, this is the day to do it. Just call me...um....hmm...Jax I guess. I don't know what else I'd be called. I do hate it when the kids at dance call me Mama Barnes...eww...that makes me feel so old..I like Ms Janet much better.
2). Madly in Love with Me Day: Self-Love isn’t Selfish, it’s the kindest thing we can do for others. Take care of you so you can take care of them. I guess there is a reason this holiday is the day before Valentine's Day.....so you can love yourself today, before you get depressed tomorrow. LOL...sorry, couldn't help it. Okay, I found there is a website dedicated to this holiday. http://www.madlyinlovewithme.com/join/index.htm Go and sign up for your FREE Madly in Love with Me kit.
3). Employee Legal Awareness Day: This day is to emphasize the importance of legal education for employees so that large and small businesses reduce their risk of legal problems. BORING! I know, it's important....but boring.
4). Ash Wednesday: In Western Christianity, Ash Wednesday marks the first day, or the start of the season of Lent, which begins 40 days prior to Easter. Lent is a time when many Christians prepare for Easter by observing a period of fasting, repentence, moderation, and spiritual discipline. During some Ash Wednesday services, the minister will lightly rub the sign of the cross with ashes onto the foreheads of worshipers.
5). National Tortellini Day: Tortellini (tor-teh-LEE-nee) is a small pasta stuffed with a variety of fillings, and a favorite pasta dish worldwide. It is also served in soups, as in the classic dish, tortellini in brodo. Did you know that this pasta is supposed to be shaped like a belly button?
6). Stamp Collectors' Day: If you're a philatelist, chances are you already have plans to celebrate this holiday. If not, why don't you start? Stamps are an interesting thing to collect...Pher has a collection that he put together for his stamp collecting merit badge.
If you find something else, just post it below...and happy hump day.

No comments:

Post a Comment