Tuesday, November 27, 2012

What are We Celebrating Today -- 11/27/2012?

I can't believe November is almost over. I guess I should go to MyPoints and cash out some of my points. The problem I have is I just don't know what gc to get. I need to get a gift for Mike for his birthday still...and for Christmas. Does anyone know about TVs? We don't have cable, so I don't need the high, top of the line model. I just need something that I can hook a Blue Ray player to.
So...what are we celebrating today....

1). Pins and Needles Day: The real purpose of Pins and Needles Day is to commemorate the opening of the pro-Labor play Pins and Needles on Broadway on this day in 1937. Over decades of time, people lost track of the original meaning of this day. Today, most people look uponPins and Needles Day, as a nervous and anxious day. Its a day of eager anticipation, as we await an event or for something to happen. One could argue that kids are on pins and needles from now until Christmas, as they nervously wonder if they have been good enough to receive a visit from Santa in a few weeks. I guess take this one as you will....

2). National Day of Listening: This holiday is a day to honor a loved one through listening. It's the least expensive but most meaningful gift you can give this holiday season. You can choose to record a story with anyone you know. Hallmark has some great books that you can record and give to a loved one.

I am hoping as Christmas gets closer, we don't have a lot to celebrate. I was hoping for a food holiday today though. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

I'm exhausted already....I need a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment