Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! I hope all of you have a wonderful, safe, and blessed Thanksgiving, full of food, friends and fun.

So what else is being celebrated today.....

1). Go For A Ride Day: As the holiday season begins, life becomes chaotic, and perhaps a bit stressful. Take a breather, and go for a relaxing ride. I don't know how relaxing my ride is going to be, but I'm planning on finding a newpaper today.

2). National Day of Mourning for Indians: From the website: Every year since 1970, United American Indians of New England have organized the National Day of Mourning observance in Plymouth at noon on Thanksgiving Day. Every year, hundreds of Native people and our supporters from all four directions join us. Every year, including this year, Native people from throughout the Americas will speak the truth about our history and about current issues and struggles we are involved in. Now I have read through the site and I'm not sure exactly how true all of the claims really are....I'll let you decide.

Have a Happy Holiday...and try not to eat too much. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment