Monday, October 29, 2012

What are we celebrating today -- 10/29/2012?

I hope the wind dies down here, as we'll lose a tree or two if it keeps up. I also hope the storm isn't too bad for the rest of the east Coast. Flooding isn't fun and I don't wish it on anyone.

So...what are we celebrating...

1). National Cat Day: This one is for you Sassy...and Rocky, and Beau... National Cat Day was founded in 2005 by Pet Lifestyle Expert & Animal Welfare Colleen Paige to help galvanize the public to recognize the number of cats that need to be rescued each and also to encourage cat lovers to celebrate the cat(s) in their life for the unconditional love and companionship they bestow upon us.

2). Visit A Cemetery Day: Estimates suggest that there are over one million cemeteries in North America, and today is the day to visit one. I think I'll skip it, as I don't have any relatives buried down this way. I guess I could go geocaching in a cemetery, as there are a lot of them around.

3). World Psoriasis Day: From the website: World Psoriasis Day is a global event that sets out to raise awareness and give voice to the 125 million people worldwide with psoriasis. During World Psoriasis Day, awareness activities will occur all over the world to help increase understanding, improve access to treatments and build unity among the psoriasis community.



4). National Lung Day: Many of us know smokers and/or people who have suffered and died from lung cancer. Not that all lung issues stem from smoking, but this is the one that is preventable. The American Association for Respiratory Care created Lung Health Day to focus on lung health.

5). Hermit Day: It's a quiet day to spend quietly in seclusion, all by yourself. Oh, I wish I could celebrate this holiday. If you are a Hermit, celebrate your lifestyle today. If you're one of the many, who yearn for a break from your hectic lifestyle, be a Hermit on this day (like that could ever happen...lol).

I hope all of you have a great Monday. I can't believe October is just about over. Oh my! And you should see all the branches that have blown down now....

No comments:

Post a Comment