Thursday, October 4, 2012

Review: UNREAL Candy #41 Candy Coated Chocolate

I am a buzz agent and one of my new campaigns was UNREAL Candy. I was given a coupon for a free regular size UNREAL Candy item, which I found at my local CVS. The UNREAL candies all have number designations. The item I picked out for us to try was #41 - Candy Coated Chocolates.

#41 looks a lot like M & M's or Hersettes.

The information from the UNREAL website: We've just unjunked America's favorite candy and true to Nicky's dream, we think it tastes better without the corn syrup, the artificial ingredients, and the partially hydrogenated oils. Not to mention less sugar. We even added more cacao, real caramel (not corn syrup dyed to look like caramel), more peanuts, protein, and fiber. All this is the product of the UNREAL™ culture.

Unreal 41TM

Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 42g Calories 190
Sugar 19 g
Total fat 10 g
Carbs 24 g
Fiber 3 g
Protein 4 g

Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Ingredients:

Milk Chocolate (chocolate, skim milk, cane sugar, cocoa butter, milk powder, organic blue agave inulin, soy lecithin, vanilla extract), Cane Sugar, Calcium Carbonate, Colored with (beetroot juice, turmeric root extract, purple cabbage juice), Gum Arabic, Vanilla Extract, Carnauba Wax & Beeswax

Contains milk, soy. May contain tree nuts, peanuts, wheat.

I only had a couple of the candies to taste, as the warnings of "May contain..." scare me enough that I don't take any chances. I have enough issues with allergies.



Angela would give the #41 Candy Coated Chocolates 5 stars, as she says they are better than M & M's. I did like them, I can only give them 4 1/2 stars as they have nut and wheat warnings. These also come in a peanut variety, which Angela has no interest in trying. She and I would like to see a dark chocolate variety and maybe a candy crunch too.

The UNREAL Candies can be found at CVS and Kroger. If you visit the website, I'm sure there are other stores that carry UNREAL Candies also. Give them a try....I think you'll like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment