Friday, September 9, 2011

Pirates Dinner Adventure......pt 1

Angela had dance Nationals in Orlando this past July. Well, I knew we wouldn't have time to go to any of the big parks, especially once the competition started, so when we arrived in Orlando early on Friday, I made arrangements to go to the Pirates Dinner Adventure.
This sounded like a lot of fun.....but my first annoyance came when I actually had to pay to park. I've been to Medieval Times and you don't pay to park there.

Ohhhh, pirate ships....cool. Too bad we couldn't get a photo on it.

When you first go in, they'll take your photo with a pirate.....Angela and I didn't do that. I did bring my camera in case I could get a few photos.

I never knew pirates had so many books....

Of coarse there is booty.....

It's quite dark inside the waiting area and the lights are turned down even more for the pre-show. Angela and I got a good laugh, because the magic tricks that were done were about the same ones our dancers do in our production number MAGIC.


Once the pre-show and appetizers were over, we were seated by section. Angela and I just knew what color we would be...RED....why? We're always red. LOL

I had discounted tickets, so I did opt for the upgrade. That was a mistake. It really didn't get us anything but the paper hats. Angela was suppose to be part of the show, but we got seated with another family with little kids and I guess they thought we were all together. All the other kids around us ended up doing different things thoughout the evening.


The pirates were all introduced to us my name and color. No, I don't remember the names at all, just the colors: Red, Blue, Green, Purple, Yellow, and Orange.

Our Red pirate came down so we could cheer for him.....as we did during all the little 'contests' the pirates had to find a new first mate.
The show was a lot of fun....most of the food was okay, except the soup. The soup was cold and nasty....neither Ang nor I could eat it. From the photos I saw on the web site, I thought it would be a little different then it was. Oh well.....Angela had a good time, so that was the important thing....

No comments:

Post a Comment