Saturday, May 28, 2011

My Heart Attack -- I got the Cost for Angela to do High School Marching Band.....

My kids are already out of school for the summer, but that doesn't mean she is finished. Here in Georgia, kids are never finished with school stuff....I mean Angela has homework in both math and Engish for the summer, along with a project for English. ICK!
Well, Angela was called by the band instructor at the local high school for marching band. Ang didn't sign up for marching band, and apparently her middle school band teacher noticed and spoke to the high school person. The head of the brass section has been emailing Angela the last week, so I did allow her to go to the 2 days of mini band camp this week. I wanted Angela to get a taste of marching band, and I wanted more information.
Okay, so I thought the cost would be a couple hundred dollars for the uniform....no cost for instrument, since Angela owns her trumpet (a Christmas present a couple yrs ago). Boy was I WRONG!
The preliminary fee that is totally due by September 1st is $799.....plus $40 for shoes and $5 for gloves....and that does NOT include the cost for the uniform or anything else. OMG. We can't afford this....and by Sept 1st....um, no way. I don't know what to do....and the fundraising this particular school doesn't help us.
OH, and you also sign your life away. It is amazing what I have to sign.....and nothing goes directly to the school....it goes to the band boosters.
Okay....anyone know anyone that wants to sponser a child for band????? We need help.
What does band cost in your area? Back home the cost is minimal.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Jax that is just insane. How can any parent afford this? Is there any form of scholarship available.

    ReplyDelete