Sunday, February 27, 2011

Yes, It's MY Fault.....

This week Angela is off school for a mid-winter break, and Mike is out of town for business. Since we have next to no money, Angela and I thought we'd do some free and inexpensive things. We were able to go to the taping of the Fox TV show So You Think You Can Dance, and Angela will probably be on camera even. We had a lot of fun.
Well, Angela wanted her hair dyed....and I pick my battles (no tatoos and no body piercings). She had to get it cleared with dance first, and she couldn't do weird colors or anything (like purple). I didn't think it would be a big deal, so we bought a box of Revlon 49 hair dye. I read ALL the directions and was VERY careful. Um, well, her hair didn't turn out right at all....oh my goodness it looked odd.....and very splotchy and multicolored.
I called the hair dresser first thing yesterday morning and left a message on her machine. I finally got ahold of her about 1 pm.....and she got Angela right in. She assured me that I couldn't have screwed it up too bad, since it wasn't green or falling out. When Cher saw Angela's hair, she couldn't believe it.....it was much worse than she thought it would be. Uh-Oh. No, I didn't dare take a photo of what Angela's hair looked like BEFORE the hair dresser.
So what did I do wrong? Angela's hair is just too thick and there is too much of it. One box of hair dye was too little. Cher said I needed 4 boxes. Now, how in the world would I have known that??? I just read the package and the directions. At least I didn't try to redye Angela's hair myself.
It took about 2 1/2 hours and 4 tubes of hair dye to 'fix' Angela's hair. Yup, I would have needed 4 boxes to actually color her hair right. Oops. Mike hasn't seen her hair, of coarse.....and boy, I can't wait. He's going to have a tizzy. IT's um....unique now. LOL. She doesn't look like my Angela though....(sniff, sniff)....and it is my fault. Thank goodness neither of us are high strung or panic easily....LOL.


Okay, I can't take credit for how she dresses though.....

1 comment:

  1. I actually really love it! Angela looks fabulous, and she looks like she is ready to take on anything. Perfect for a teenage girl, who wants something new. 4 tubes of hair color is a lot of color though, I never would have thought that either.

    When I was in my teen years I went from blond to black/purple, as I became a hair model and I still cannot forget the look on my grandmother's face:)

    ReplyDelete