Monday, January 24, 2011

Do You KNow What Holiday it is Today, January 24, 2011

Ah, I found 3 holidays celebrated today....and the first one is a holiday that my husband can really get in to. LOL. It's Beer Can Appreciation Day, the day we celebrate when beer was first sold in cans, back in 1935. Though there are a lot of beer can collectors out there, I would imagine most people are more interested in what is IN the cans than the cans themselves. So sit back, relax, and appreciate your can of beer today.
The other holiday celebrated today is Compliment Day. Today is a great opportunity to say something positive about the people you come into contact with. Everyone has good attributes. ...that's right....... everyone. I know some people are more difficult to compliment then others though.
This holiday was created in 1998 by Kathy Chamberlin, of Hopkinton, NH. and Debby Hoffman, of Concord, NH. I don't know how or why though. This is all the information I found, not that I really looked all that hard.
Now don't forget.....if you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything at all. Backhanded compliments probably shouldn't be given today, nor should insincere compliments.
And lastly, it's Belly Laugh Day, so chortle, chuckle, convulse, crack up, giggle, grin, guffaw, hee-haw, howl, roar, scream, shout, shriek, simper, smile, smirk, snicker, snort, split, tehee, titter, whoop and laugh out loud today. I know with how this day is going, I need a good laugh.
Now, to all my Gather friends....have a good day....(and I'd love to say "this beer is for you," but I don't drink beer).....and laugh long and loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment